The Match Made in Beer Heaven: Engkanto Craft Beer x Bolzico Beef
It’s a known fact that Filipinos love to drink beer and grill meat. It’s a default weekendactivity with family and friends whether at home or while lounging on the beach. Beer and beefstimulate all 5 of your senses that provide a unique feeling of comfort in every bite and gulp.
Here are the biggest reasons you should give this a try:
1. Cold beer, hot steak
Tickle your taste buds with a hot piece of juicy steak straight off the grill (or pan) and wash it down with a cold Engkanto craft beer. The perfect combination that will bring ultimate satisfaction to your senses that no other food and beverage pairing can achieve.
Just make sure you get your Engkanto craft beer to the right temperature before drinking it. Cooling your beer down properly enhances the flavors and aroma that comes with it. Here’s our recommended serving temperature for maximum Engkanto craft beer satisfaction.
Want the full experience of what a 100% grass fed Bolzico beef tastes like? Make sure you take a sip of Engkanto craft beer after every bite to cleanse your palate. The carbonation in beer refreshes your taste buds washing off any lingering flavors. This makes every bite feels like the first time.
3. Beer compliments steak
Beer can balance the robust fatty taste of an Argentinian ribeye steak. While it highlights the full meatiness of your steak, it levels out the overloaded flavors hitting your taste buds.
How to cook Bolzico Beef:
Start with good quality meat. There’s no doubt, the perfect steak pretty much boils down to the meat you buy. No matter how well you follow these tips to a T, it all starts with the quality of the steak. Bolzico Beef hands-down provides premium quality meat to get you started on the right track.
Get the pan scorching hot. Whether you’re cooking it on a grill, on a stovetop, or in an oven, you MUST set the heat really high. This helps create that perfect sear you’re looking for, which helps lock in all the flavor. Once you’ve seared both sides, have a space ready that will let it cook in a lower temperature.
Let it rest. Many chefs have said this over and over, and for good reason. After you’ve cooked the steak, let it rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Cutting into it too early will release all the juices and flavor, turning your steak a sad pile of meat.
Tips to take note of when cooking your steak:
1. Different weights/sizes will change the cook time of your steak.
2. If frozen, thaw in the fridge first.
3. Tilt and leave meat uncovered in the fridge overnight.
4. Take out your thawed steak from the fridge at least an hour before cooking.
5. Pat dry with a paper towel. The dryer the steak the more crust you will get.
6. When seasoning steak, don't use fine iodized salt. Use flake, kosher or cooking salt.
7. Do not cook your steak with a non-stick pan. Grill, pan fry in cast iron or stainless steel.
8. If using a pan, heat up your pan first, then your oil and then, add your steak.
9. There are two generally accepted techniques for pan frying steak: either you flip it once in a medium heat pan or flip it every 20 seconds.
10. Rest a 250g steak for 5 mins before cutting it.
Now that you know the basics, it’s time to take the first step to the world of craft beerand beef! Our words won’t do it justice. Try it yourself!Order yourEngkantoxBolzico BeefBundle, and we’ll deliver it straight to your doorstep. Just sit back, relax, and fire up your grill.